Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Living The Dream with the Talauega Brothers + Rich & Tone!


Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

- Langston Hughes


Living the dream with Rich & Tone Talauega. World Famous Dancers & Choreographers! 
I recently attended the "DESINTED FOR GREATNESS" H.Y.P.E. Conference at the University of Utah where I had the pleasure of meeting amazing and inspirational dancers, poets, community workers, and so much more! When a great friend of mine Anapesi Ka'ili called me and told me about this event and invited me to come down to Utah, I felt like my dreams came true! Real Story! 
I have been following Rich & Tone for years and amazed at the work they have done in the entertainment industry! Rich & Tone have worked from likes of Madonna, Britney Spears, Chris Brown, Kylie Minogue, Aaliyah, and that's just to name a few.
With careers spanning over 2 decades Rich & Tone Talauega have transformed themselves from dancers into choreographers, from choreographers into creative directors; from creative directors into producers, and from producers into directors!

I bumped into Rich & Tone the night before the conference at the hotel in Utah and as I was coming down the elevator they were coming up and doors opened and being their #1 fan I started stuttering and I said... "uhm,,, I'm Ralph... and Uh...Uh...I will be shooting you guys tomorrow?"  Like if it were a question to them instead of statement.
Rich & Tone laughed and as I got into the elevator I looked in the mirror slapping myself in the head saying..."Dummy! You could have said more than that!" I felt like my world came crashing down. 
Okay kind of dramatic but I made up for it the next day. 

The next morning I enter the room where Rich & Tone would be holding their dance workshop for the high school students at the conference and then again... I get sweaty then to turn around to give myself a pep talk before I walk in the room and I said to myself... "Okay dummy... get it together and don't act like a groupie... be professional!" 
After my long deep sigh I finally walk in and introduce myself properly and had the most awesome experience with Rich & Tone. Rich asked me to take a seat and we talked about current events, inspirations, and even their first visit to Utah. I am not sure if they knew how much of a fan I truly was but, I helped them set up their workshop just so I can say that I was a part of the workshop. I know groupie right? LOL.
I have to say that these brothers are the most down to earth people that you are going to meet. Tone was even sharing his experiences in the business and how to overcome challenges in life and gave me a few pointers on how to go about "living your dream". 

The fact is they have a really busy schedule and consistently traveling the world -  so to get any words of encouragement and business pointers was a dream in itself. As the students started to arrive Rich & Tone prepared for the workshop and I was low-key learning the dance moves off the side and counting to myself... "5-6-7-8..boom kat, hit, and turn" but then my body wants to go ahead and say... "boom fat, sit, and learn..." Ouch! LOL.

Rich & Tone's workshop was truly inspirational from the dance moves to the uplifting words & messages that they gave our young polynesian youth. I was so inspired and lifted by their presence and their continued support in our communities. 

During the photo shoot we laughed and played with a lot of posing and dance moves. I appreciate their determination to help me get the shot I was looking for. True motivators, movers, and shakers.

Here are some shots pre-workshop, during the workshop and then, the photo shoot! 
You will be able to see the kids really getting the steps and having a great time!
The excitement in the kids faces was the icing on the cake!

Special thanks to Anapesi for making everything happen! 

This was one of my bucket list items and you made it happen! 

You can also see a video that I attached below of their choreographed production from
" Macy's Dancing with the Stars!" 

It's breathtaking!

Dreams do come true! 

























Choreographed production from Rich & Tone on the Macy's Stars of Dance on ABC!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this, it just put a big grin on my face. i am a huge fan of these guys too, they are an inspiration to me not only as a dancer, but as a person too. Glad you were able to meet them, maybe i will too someday. Thanks again for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The talauega brothers are the shit... Admire everything they are and have been doing... Hope to meet them personally one day... Been following their every work.. Good stuff uso's.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL@"don't act like a groupie"... Love the post Ralph. I LOVE these guys... did u get what shampoo they use?? lol.. i keed i keed

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails