Saturday, February 27, 2010

More Rain... More Tragedy...



I woke up this morning checking the morning news and saw that Chile was hit by an earthquake & now tsunami warnings plague the South Pacific. I can't take anymore of this tragedy. When the tsunami hit Samoa a couple of months ago, I was personally affected by this tragedy. My mom's village in Western Samoa (Malaela) was completely wiped out from the Samoa tsunami & I can remember that heartache that we all experienced. Family members missing, homes demolished, and spirits crushed.
I was on my way home driving past this local church down the street from my house and for someone reason I looked up & was really really drawn to the clouds and the cross. I immediately ran in the house to grab my camera and started snapping. I can see the clouds forming around the cross and for me personally, there was a spiritual connection. In these times, we can use assistance from the one above...


I know with all of our busy lives we tend to forget those suffering in other countries. Here is my challenge for you all and it is a simple one. Try to take the time out to pray for safety in the South Pacific, those rebuilding in Haiti, and those hurting in Chile...
Doesn't hurt to think of those going thru tragedy and say a tiny prayer for them...

This is my challenge for you this weekend. 
Hopefully this image can inspire faith and hope...
Have a good weekend and stay dry!

-RM

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails